Search This Blog

1.10.2011

Sloppy Joe Biscuit Cups

The picture is not that attractive but trust me on the taste...Delicousness!

Kurt is my faithful taste-tester for all new things that I try. For the most part it's a pretty good gig (I am a pretty good cook after all!), but every now and again I try something that is not so delicious. Luckily, this was not one of those days!!

I have been craving a Sloppy Joe for quite some time. I grew up on Sloppy Joes and they always have a special place in my heart, filed under "comfort food." Now that I'm a parent I like them for the sheer fact that they are easy to make and don't take very long. Kurt, on the other hand, is a big fan of Sloppy Otto's (instead of a red sauce you use sour cream and sour kraut). For the past year or two when I say that I am going to make Sloppy Joe's for dinner, Kurt sort of grumbles that he'd rather have Sloppy Otto's. And me, being the most amazing wife in the world, makes Sloppy Otto's (again, they are easy and quick) and makes my husband happy.

Well I saw this receipe online at http://www.pillsbury.com/ and thought that it was such a cute idea I knew I had to try it. So tonight I just made the Sloppy Joe's I've been craving so long. When they were done I actually had to give Riglee her bath and put her to bed so I told Kurt to go ahead and eat. 10 minutes later he barged into the bathroom and practically screamed that he LOVED these Sloppy Joe's! I thought he was making fun of me but he was absolutely right....these 'lil suckers are scrumptious!! Easy...check. Quick...check. Delicious...check! I mean, what's not to like here?

Sloppy Joe Biscuit Cups
Source: Pillsbury.com
I made some changes which are listed as well

Ingredients:
3/4 lb. lean ground beef (I used a pound)
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (I just used about a teaspoon of minced garlic)
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper (I omitted)
1/4 cup ketchup (I probably used 1/3-1/2 cup)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
(2 tbsp BBQ sauce)
1/8 tsp pepper
(1/2 tsp red pepper flakes)
1 tbsp brown sugar (I probably used a little less)
1 can (16.3oz) Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Buttermilk biscuits
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar)

Directions:
1. Heat overn to 375 degrees.
2. In a 10 inch skillet cook beef, onion, garlic, and bell pepper over medium-high heat until beef is thoroughly cooked, drain. Return to pan and stir in ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, red pepper flakes, BBQ sauce, and brown sugar.
3. In the meantime, separate dough into 8 biscuits. Flatten out each biscuits and place in an ungreased regular-size muffin cup. Firmly press dough in bottom and up sides of each cup, forming a 1/4 inch rim.
4. Spoon about 1/3 cup beef mixture into dough-lined cups. Sprinkle each biscuit with 1 tbsp shredded cheese.
5. Bake 17-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment