Search This Blog

2.28.2011

Crockpot Chicken Chili


Make this. Now. No, I'm not even kidding. This is super super super easy and delicious!! I thought this would be fairly bland since there are not many ingredients but it was sooooo flavorful and yummy! And did I mention it was easy?!? I wish I had more to say about this but....just make it.

Crockpot Chicken Chili
Source: Michelle, my daycare provider

Ingredients:
1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
1 jar black bean & corn salsa (I suggest Neuman's Own)
1 can white beans
1 jar of water (use empty salsa jar)
White cheese, about 2 cups
Optional add-ins: corn, spinach, more beans, mushrooms, etc (I added extra corn)

Directions:
Place chicken breasts in the crock pot. Pour salsa, white beans, and water over chicken and stir. Cook on high 4-5 hours (or low about 8). Shred chicken then add cheese (and any other add-ins) and cook for another 30-60 minutes.
~~~~~~~~~
This makes a very thick chili so add more water if you want a more soupy chili.

No comments:

Post a Comment