Search This Blog

5.10.2011

Welcome Summer! Steak & Goat Cheese Salad



Today was B-E-A-UTIFUL!! Summer has finally arrived (at least for a couple days) and it was a breath of fresh air. When the weather finally gets nice here in Wisconsin, I get inspired. I am inspired because there are fresh fruits and veggies at the grocery store, the farmers market start up at the capitol and they have amazing fresh food there....and I realize that I will actually have to get into a bathing suit very soon. This morning I was sitting at work wondering what the heck I was going to make for dinner tonight (very productive, I know). I didn't want anything heavy because it was hot and humid today, I wanted something easy because I don't have much time to cook, and I wanted something different than I've been doing all winter (i.e. pasta and chicken). All of a sudden it hit me, a steak salad with goat cheese! Light, filling, and full of flavor. I did not miss the mark with this one either. Serve this with some crusty bread and a glass of red wine and you have yourself a perfet summer evening dinner!!


In case you were wondering, this was husband approved times 10! He raved and raved while eating and said that we definitely have to make it again.

Steak & Goat Cheese Salad
Source: Cristina Original

Ingredients:
2 four oz steak fillets (or whatever steak you have on hand)
1 bag romaine lettuce, or any lettuce you prefer
1/4 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
balsamic vinegarette to taste
Lawry's seasoned salt

Directions:
1. Preheat grill. Season steaks with Lawry's and cook steaks on grill until they reach desired doneness (ours were medium rare). Once done, leave on plate to cool to room temperature (about 5-10 minutes).
2. Add salad dressing to salad while in bag. Close bag and shake to cover all lettuce with dressing.
3. Pour salad into bowls. Sprinkle tomatoes and goat cheese on salad.
4. Slice steak into thin strips, place on salad, and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment