Search This Blog

11.11.2012

Apple Crisp

Sorry that it's not a great picture, we dug in before I could snap a good shot!

There are SO many things that I love about fall. The leaves turn beautiful colors, it's jeans and t-shirt weather, my birthday is in the fall, and APPLES GALORE!! As much as I love apples, I've never made an apple crisp before. I was having my brothers over for a casual dinner and wanted a yummy dessert to leave them with. As you know, I'm all for simple so I thought I'd try an apple crisp for the first time.


While it was simple, there was a lot of work involved with peeling and slicing the apples. Now I understand why my mother-in-law has one of those apple peelers where you crank the handle and it just peels for you!! Once that was done it was pretty quick and easy. I actually made it and then baked it about 5 hours later and it was divine!! The right amount of sweetness from the cinnamon and brown sugar on the tart green granny smith apples. Total deliciousness!

Apple Crisp
Source: Allrecipes.com

Ingredients:
10 cups apples (I used green granny smith), peeled, cored, and sliced
1 cup white sugar
1 tbsp AP flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup water

1 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup AP flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter, melted

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degree C).
  2. Place the sliced apples in a 9x13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and ground cinnamon together, and sprinkle over apples. Pour water evenly over all.
  3. Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 45 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lady I love your blog. And I made a couple apple crisps this year also! So yummy!

    ReplyDelete