Search This Blog

2.04.2013

Copycat Olive Garden's Pasta Fagioli Soup




This has to be my favorite soup at Olive Garden, hands down. As an avid Pinterest user, I saw this on Pinterest as a crockpot soup and knew it was going in the rotation. I was able to put everything in the crockpot before I left for work and by the time we got home, I just threw the (store bought) breadsticks in the oven and 15 minutes later we were eating a healthy and DELICIOUS meal! If you like soup and crockpot cooking, MAKE THIS!


Just an FYI, make sure you have a big crockpot because this make a lot of soup! I even froze half of it for another day (again, even awesomer b/c then I've got another meal made for a few weeks later with only half the work)! Also, I couldn't find ditalini pasta at the grocery store so I bought these pipette ones, I'd suggest regular macaroni if you can't find ditalini. The pipette got too big when cooked so any small pasta will work well.

Source: Favorite Familiy Recipes via Pinterest

Ingredients:
2 lbs. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
3 carrots,  (I used a couple handfuls of shredded bagged carrots)
1 c. celery, chopped
2 (28 oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (16 oz.) can red kidney beans, drained
1 (16 oz.) can white kidney beans, drained
4 cups beef stock
3 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. pepper
5 tsp. parsley
1 tsp. tabasco sauce
1 (20 oz.) jar Prego traditional spaghetti sauce
8 oz. pasta (I like using ditali pasta)

Directions:
1. Brown ground beef in large skillet. Drain fat.

2. Add beef and all ingredients except the pasta into a large crock pot. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.

3. Before serving, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and add to soup.


No comments:

Post a Comment