Search This Blog

4.18.2013

Roasted Veggie Wraps with Goat Cheese Spread


The players aka what's inside
 While it may still feel like winter here in Wisconsin, I know that swimsuit season is fast approaching. On April 1st I started a DietBet on DietBet.com. Basically every person that joins the DietBet game contributes $X and whoever loses 4% of their body weight in 4 weeks splits the pot. I'm about 60% of the way there and have about 10 days left. That said...I've been forced to eat healthy (and by forced I mean I'm too damn stubborn to lose even $1 in a bet)!


I've been trying to keep my meals healthy and still full of flavor. I used to always think that if I needed to eat healthy it had to be bland chicken and a boring vegetable side dish. I've found some great recipes these past few weeks and think I'm going to try to keep a lot of these dishes in the rotation because they are so yummy!

And here's where the veggie wrap idea came into play. I have a lot of work lunches I go to and always look for a healthy wrap and have been eating a lot of roasted vegetable wraps. I decided that I could do it myself and do it better than anywhere else I've eaten....and I did!! This was fabulous!! It was refreshing and light and yet I still felt full after dinner. I did this as a "Meatless Monday" dish however you can add chicken or beef in the wrap or another meat on the side and it would be fantastic. I had one for lunch yesterday and I plan to eat another one for lunch today. I think it also totals to right around 400 calories for the whole wrap and I typically estimate high on the calorie count! So make it and enjoy some delicious food while being healthy!

YUM!

Roasted Veggie Wraps with Goat Cheese
Source: All me!

Ingredients:
1 zucchini, chopped into thirds and sliced
1 yellow squash, chopped into thirds and sliced
1/2 pint mushrooms, sliced
1/2 red pepper, sliced
spring mix lettuce blend
1/3 cup shredded carrots
2.5 oz goat cheese, room temperature
2-3 tbsp plain Greek yogurt (I probably did 3)
3 spinach tortilla wraps
balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
salt, pepper, and EVOO

Directions:
1. Place zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, and red pepper on a foil lined baking sheet. Pour some EVOO on top of veggies and mix so that they are lightly coated. Sprinkle salt and pepper (and any other seasonings you like) on top. Roast for about 20 minutes in the oven at 400 degrees, turning once or twice during cooking time. Side note: depending on how hot your oven cooks and how close to the top of the oven, it may require more or less cooking time. When done, pull out and let cool for about 5-10 minutes so the veggies are room temperature (I set my whole baking sheet outside since it was cold outside and it cooled down pretty quick).

2. While veggies are roasting, mix a couple of handfuls of the spring mix with the shredded carrots in a bowl. Add some balsamic vinaigrette and toss to coat.

3. Mix the goat cheese with the Greek yogurt until thoroughly incorporated. This makes a nice, creamy, and tangy spread.

4. Lay out 3 tortillas and spread with the goat cheese mixture. I spread the mixture all around the tortilla because I truly hate when I don't get to taste the spread in every bite. Next add some of the salad mixture in the middle of the wrap. Then layer your roasted veggies on top of the salad mixture. Cut and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment