Search This Blog

8.07.2013

Cherry Chocolate Cake




Looking for an easy dessert?! Look no further my friends! This cherry chocolate cake is just a few ingredients turned into a moist and delicious cake dotted throughout with delicious cherries. When I went to college my mom put a handful of my favorite recipes into a small recipe book and this was one of those recipes. This recipe is perfect for a few reasons:
  1. It has very few ingredients
  2. It is moist and delicious
  3. It is cheap to make
Not everyone loves fruit and chocolate mixed together like this but if you do, this cake will NOT disappoint. I like to dust it with powdered sugar instead of spread a thick frosting on it. Sometimes I'll mix powdered sugar, milk, and a little vanilla extract and drizzle that frosting over the top. You see, for being a chocolate cake it is actually very light and moist and a heavy frosting might be too much. If you do try a heavier frosting (store bought, buttercream, cream cheese frosting, etc) let me know what you think because I don't know if I would ever change up such a perfect dessert!

Cherry Chocolate Cake
Source: My Mama

Ingredients:
1 box chocolate cake mix (I like milk chocolate or devil's food)
1 can cherry pie filling
Powdered sugar or other frosting of choice

Directions:
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Pour into a 9x13 baking dish.

2. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Let cool.

3. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment