Search This Blog

3.07.2014

BBQ Pulled Pork

Lip smackin' good y'all!

I don't know about you but I'm always looking for a good crockpot recipe. Honestly, sometimes I hardly have time to eat much less think about what to make for dinner. And in the summer when I'd rather be playing with my family outside, the last thing I really want to do is come inside to cook all night. I mean, I live in Wisconsin...I have to take advantage of summer when I can!!



Everyone and their mother has a pulled pork recipe that they swear by. My version of pulled pork is really just whatever I have in my pantry that will make it delicious. I usually buy the boneless pork ribs or pork shoulder when they go on sale at the grocery store and use that for my pork. From there I do what my mama always taught me, just add your ingredients until it tastes good! I like to serve my pork on a Hawaiian bun with some cold cole slaw that I usually buy pre-made at the grocery store (because making my own cole slaw defeats the purpose of not really putting any effort into cooking dinner ;). Although I did taste a blue cheese cole slaw the other day that I might have to make for the next round of BBQ pulled pork. I'm an open face girl and like to eat my BBQ pulled pork with a fork and knife, but if you like to get sloppy you can certainly accomplish that with this meal too! Serve this low maintenance meal with a side of potato and you are all set!

BBQ Pulled Pork
Source: Me

Ingredients:
1 package boneless pork ribs or 2-3 lb. pork shoulder
BBQ sauce (I use regular Sweet Baby Rays and some Open Pit)
1 TBSP liquid smoke
1 can of coke (optional)
Lawry's Seasoned Salt to taste
Desired toppings: pickles, cole slaw, potato chips, etc.

Directions:
1. Season the meat with Lawry's and place into crock pot (if you have crock pot liners I'd suggest using them).

2. Cover the meat with BBQ sauce. Add the can of coke and the liquid smoke. I sometimes mix some BBQ sauce with about 1 cup of water and add that as well. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-5 hours.

3. Once cooked and falling apart, drain the liquid into a measuring cup or bowl. Shred the pork with two forks and add some liquid back in to keep the pork moist. I also add some BBQ sauce at this point and mix it in. Whatever you do, DON'T over sauce your pork!! You can always add more sauce when it's on your bun.

4. Pile pulled pork on a bun and top with your desired toppings! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment