|Avocado Chicken Salad in a romaine lettuce wrap|
I'm also sitting here after eating another healthy lunch and NOT eating the Dunkin Donuts munchkins that are staring me in the face. Why am I not eating them you ask? Because a 32 year old body doesn't bounce back as easily as a 27 year old body does! In all reality, it was time for me to stop eating like I was pregnant and to start making smarter choices. Enter the Avocado Chicken Salad. I'm sure you've seen all kinds of recipes for Avocado Chicken Salad on Pinterest and on the internet, this is one I just threw together quickly for a working lunch.
This chicken salad is very healthy and very filling and yet tastes amazing! It's creamy and flavorful and, when mixed with lettuce or a bell pepper, has a nice crunch about it. And it's such a simple recipe that there are a ton of ways to change it up. If you change this recipe up to make it your own I'd love to hear what you do!
|Avocado Chicken Salad on bell peppers|
1/2 cooked chicken breast (I slice mine horizontally and grill/pan fry them for the week) - if you don't have that you can always use leftover rotisserie chicken too
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tbsp jalapeno juice (I have a jar of sliced jalapenos and I use juice from there)
salt, pepper, garlic salt to taste
1) Dice chicken into small chunks or shred it into pieces.
2) Mash the avocado in a bowl but leave some chunks if possible.
3) Add seasoning and jalapeno juice to avocado mixture.
4) Add chicken to avocado mixture and stir all ingredients together.
5) Taste to make sure seasonings are to your liking and adjust. Plate on a romaine or bibb lettuce leaf, on bell peppers, on tomatoes, or on bread!