Search This Blog

11.11.2010

Easy Tomato Baked Chicken


Since my wonderful daughter was born in July, I have hardly had a chance to cook real meals. My night consists of picking up Riglee after work, feeding her, changing her, playing with her, prepping a quick dinner or having Kurt whip something up, playing with Riglee, feeding her, bath time, and finally bedtime. When I am done with all of this it is usually around 8:00-8:15pm. I then spend the next hour cleaning the kitchen, getting my lunch and Riglee's bottles ready for the next day, packing the diaper bag, doing laundry, and trying to spend a few quick minutes with Kurt before I finally can close my eyes.

I've been itching to get back to cooking meals and now that Riglee doesn't demand as much of my time and can play by herself, I've been trying to cook some quick and easy meals. This is one that I found on Kraftfoods.com and I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious it was! Even Kurt said that it was really good and that I should make this again, and he'll tell me the truth.


Ingredients
1 small red onion (I used a yellow onion), thinly sliced
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1.25lbs)
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained (I only partially drained mine and used italian diced)
1/4 cup Kraft light balsamic vinaigrette dressing (I made my own using balsamic vinegar and EVOO)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 cup Kraft grated parmesan cheese
1 package fresh mushrooms (my addition)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place onions in bottom of 13x9 inch baking dish and top with chicken (I used an 8x8 pan). Quarter or half mushrooms and sprinkle around chicken.

2. Combine tomatoes, dressing, and garlic powder and pour over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.

3. Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. I served this over spinach fettuchini noodles and used the extra sauce on the noodles. YUM!

2 comments: