Search This Blog

6.21.2016

Chicken, Sweet Potato, Black Bean, and Corn Taco

Hello healthy lunch!

I'm embarrassed it's been a whole year since I last posted!! I'm going to straight up blame it on the kids, that's why I had them in the first place isn't it? I needed someone to blame for my laziness, messy house, lateness, and all out craziness and my husband wasn't letting me blame him anymore...


In other exciting news, I literally just got done stuffing this delicious taco in my mouth! I've been seeing sweet potato and black bean foods all over Pinterest lately and have wanted to try them but my family isn't big into sweet potatoes. Well the other night I was making dinner for Father's Day (a nice steak, corn on the cob, baked potato, and dessert) and I decided that I'll make the rest of the family a baked potato but I wanted a sweet potato. And because I was cooking them anyway, I made myself 3! You see, I'm a girl who loves a good leftover so I knew I could jazz up a sweet potato for lunch or use it on Whatever Wednesday for dinner. 

I've been trying to eat healthier, more 70/30 and less 30/70 if you know what I mean. So after a quick gym workout over lunch I came home knowing I had the perfect leftovers for this taco! And it couldn't have been easier or quicker to make. Just throw it all together in a pan, add some spices, heat up for a few minutes and spread it on the shell! The feta is salty, the sweet potato and corn is sweet, and the flavors just do a dance party in your mouth! Definitely try this if you are looking for a healthy, filling, and easy lunch or dinner! 

Grilled Chicken, Sweet Potato, Black Bean, and Corn Taco
Source: Cristina

Ingredients (all approximate):
1/4 cup corn 
1/4 cup black beans
1/2 cooked chicken breast, diced
1/2 sweet potato, re-heated
Feta cheese
spices - I used salt, pepper, paprika, and cumin
taco shell
Ortega taco sauce

Directions:

  1. Pre-heat a pan on medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray (I used coconut oil spray). 
  2. Toss first 3 ingredients into pan, season to taste, and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until heated through. If your sweet potato wasn't basically mash already (I overcooked mine the other night) you could dice it up and toss it in the pan as well.
  3. Spread the sweet potato on your tortilla shell. Add the chicken mixture on top. Sprinkle feta cheese over all of it. Drizzle on taco sauce. 
  4. Eat and enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment