Search This Blog

2.19.2018

Crockpot Potato Soup

Crockpot Potato Soup

I've been meaning to post this forever, in fact since 2014! However I added the picture and then didn't have time to write the post and then babies and life and yada yada yada...


So here it finally is. BOTH my kids LOVE this crockpot potato soup and in my book, that means it's a winner. I make this regularly in the winter. And what's even better, I can make it once and freeze half of it for another day. It's creamy, a little chunky, cheesy, and warms you to your bones on these cold winter days. According to my kids you should always serve it with some warm bread for dunking, and I wholeheartedly agree! Now the recipe stands alone the way it is written but I typically add leftover ham or will fry up some bacon to add depth to the soup.

Crockpot Potato Soup 
Source: Pinterest (Paula Dean perhaps?)

Ingredients:
1 30oz. bag southern style hashbrown potatoes
1 can cream of chicken soup
28oz. chicken broth
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
1/3 tsp pepper (or more to taste)
salt to taste
garlic powder to taste
Optional add-ins: cheddar cheese, ham, bacon, vegetables

Directions:
  1. Add cream of chicken soup and chicken broth to crockpot and stir to combine. Add hashbrowns, onion, salt & pepper and any add-ins to soup/broth mixture. Stir to combine and slow cook on low about 4 hours.
  2. Add cream cheese and let cook about 1 hour. Sometimes I will add it in sooner, it takes a little bit to melt into the soup.
  3. Serve & enjoy!
If you add cheddar cheese I'd do it shortly before serving, sometimes we just add it to our bowls if not everyone wants it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment